Saturday, December 19, 2009

Any cures for cradle cap? Have tried olive oil and Dentinox cradle cap shampoo.....?

I'm a C.N.A. My specialty is personal care and took instruction from a nurse to care for a person's special skin problems. Cradle cap in a baby is caused by the fact that the baby is growing and the head has collected dead skin cells on the scalp very fast. What you do is gently comb the head all over. Then, you add baby oil- massage the scalp. Leave this on 15 minutes at least. Next, gently comb (with a small comb) the whole scalp again to loosen the built-up skin from the scalp. Then you wash the hair, massaging gently and comb the scalp for a third time -then rinse thoroughly. Comb the scalp again. This will do a lot to remove most of it. Repeat the next day and do once a month.Any cures for cradle cap? Have tried olive oil and Dentinox cradle cap shampoo.....?
With all 3 of my kids I would rub the comb on their scalp right after their bath so the skin was soft. The dry skin would come up and I could just wipe it off their head. By the time they were 3 months old they didn't have anymore.Any cures for cradle cap? Have tried olive oil and Dentinox cradle cap shampoo.....?
The gentlest treatment is to simply rub a small amount of baby oil or olive oil onto your baby's scalp. Wait several minutes for the oil to soften and loosen the scales, and brush them away with a soft brush or a dry terry-cloth washcloth.Frequent gentle shampooing may prevent the build up of scales. good luck





cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
Try switching shampoos. My children didn't get on with one brand and I switched to Johnsons - and the cradle cap disappeared. But I've heard other people say that Johnsons gives their babies cradle cap and they've had to switch to another brand.
wet your babys hair and put olive oil on it leave for about 1-2 mins then gently brush with a head lice comb, trust me it really works i had to do it with my son.
i used everything and nothing got rid of it...my sons was really bad! teh skin would come off in chuncks and would make it bleed!he was allergic to most of the products i bought and the dr recommended..however oilatum shampoo worked best for my son and also a cream from the dr called epiderm..its like a big tub of soft white parrafin..its VERY greasy and my son would always look like a melting candle when he had it on but it could go everywhere on the body and could be put on as much as u want even 100 times if you fancied! we would keep applying it all day then wash it off in the bath then use a soft brush to brush off the skin then put more on..it worked wonders for me.





cant say it will work for you but its another idea to add to your list
I used Johnson's baby oil , leave on 4 a few minutes then brush with a very soft tooth brush !!!!!
No cures - it happens
apparently rubing lard on to a babies head works worse thing you can do is pick it off
this sounds mad but butter works a treat, my friends little boy had it and she tried everything to get rid of it and the only thing that worked was putting butter on it before bed then washing it off in the morning. hope this helps.
Both of my girls had it, and I had no idea what to do with my first one. It went away when she was around four months old. My second had it and I tried everything.It finally went away when I used baby oil after I washed her hair. I used a soft brush to scrub her hair and fluff off the dry stuff. After that, I washed her hair again with the baby shampoo that had lotion in it, and rinsed it all off, and just put baby lotion after the bath. It went away within a week.
Here is what i done when my son was a baby: I would rub baby oil in his head and then take a fine tooth comb and run it through his head and get all that guk out. I would do this every 2 weeks until he did not have it anymore
Try putting baby oil on it for a while. Then wash it out. It should just comb out a bit at a time. You need to do it for a week or so though.
Also, take a small baby comb and gently comb out the dead skin. You may have to do it every day for a while till it goes away. I always did that and used a little baby oil.
i used baby oil but this is very common so dont worry it will eventually go
this sounds daft, but i'm 20 and i get cradle cap now!! dnt ask why...no idea. anyway. clearly have far to much hair for soaking my head in olive oil to be pratical so i have a medicated shampoo from the doc's don't kno if they'd give it 2 a baby tho.


could try yoghurt, my friend was feeding her baby yoghurt and managed to get it all over the baby's face n head (really didn't want it) but she noticed that it worked better than Dentinox which with hers like urs didn't work a bit.





good luck m8!
If your bub has sensitive skin then try bathing them in pine tarsal, there is also a pinatas product for cradle cap. But if it's not bothering them then just leave it alone...My 4 month old has it and all I do is rub it while he's in the bath then when I dry it and after that just brush with a soft brush. Don't worry it will go away!
my son had a severe case of cradle cap, to the point that his scalp would regularly bleed. i was told to use dentinox but it wasnt very good. now i use the simple all in one hair and body wash followed by olive oil. when it was really bad i also used olive oil on his scalp throughout the day because this helped to stop it from getting so dry. different babies are different so this might not work but i would also recommend the johnsons range of baby products.
i used cornflour mixed with water and made into a paste , worked well for my children

No comments:

Post a Comment